Monday, May 19, 2008

One Fantastic "Last Meal"

Ben leaves tomorrow for two months in India where he'll be doing a research study at an eye clinic. Many people have asked about what I'll do and I'm sure I'll just shrivel into a tiny ball and hide until he gets back. Or.. I'll be super sad for awhile (or a long time), finish up my last two and a half weeks of school, host my parent's visit here in Chicago, fly home and hang out with my sisters, nieces, parents, friends, and extended family, and then fly down to California for a vacation where Ben will meet up with me after 53 days of torturous absence. So today we went to Wrigleyville and ate at Orange (an amazing brunch restaurant) and then went to the Lincoln Park Zoo and strolled around. Here are a few pictures from our adventure today.

Ben had an amazing cinnamon roll pancake with pecans in the middle and frosting (yummm..)

















I had an omelet with avocado sauce, sweet leeks, bacon, and some other magical ingredient. And then we both split freshly squeezed orange/pineapple/mango juice. What a wonderful breakfast!

1 comment:

Coleman Family said...

Those look fantastic!!! Can you bring home one of each please so I may sample your Chicago delights? :)