Tuesday, November 3, 2009

no pig flu here


So this whole swine flu thing has been spinning around in my head for awhile now. Just a few days ago another pregnant (25 year old) woman died in Chicago. So I definitely knew I wanted to get it but I hadn't really worried about it... until I heard that it takes a few weeks to work in you in order for you to be immune and for your antibodies to also help your baby out. Well I only have 4 weeks left and it takes about 2 to work. Ben received his last week because he works in the hospital now and had to get it, as did all other employees, but no one else. No other dr. office, hospital, or clinic in our area had any available. Finally I found a community college in the ghetto of the south side of Chicago and had Ben drive me there immediately. 15 minutes later I walked out vaccinated - hallelujah!

2 comments:

Coleman Family said...

Good! I'm glad you got vaccinated. We've been so sick around here, knock on wood, but I wouldn't be surprised if Claire and I had it right now. It hurts my chest to breath in deeply and I have a constant headache and nasal congestion. Claire woke up this morning with a temp of 103.8! Yikes! I've given her children's ibuprofen and that's lowered it considerably. So pray for us that we don't have it!

Cami and Juan said...

I'm so glad you got it! In provo, the line was 5 hours long and I just couldn't take a sick day to get it. I'm still waiting for it to become somewhat available to me.