Thursday, December 3, 2009

first few days home

Holy cow, the first week with a newborn is ridiculously rough. Little by little we're figuring things out and our night times are getting better (although when darkness falls my anxiety level rises). We've been able to get out and about which definitely helps me not want to pull my hair out being cooped indoors all day. But Charlotte is so flippin' cute and fun to stare at. Here are some pictures from the first few days at home.
Her first trip to REI. I can already tell she'll be an outdoor girl.
Her first manicure.
My mom is in town for a week and a half - yay!
Ignore my interesting facial expression here and notice the adorable giraffe booty.
Such a cuddler!
My favorite picture.
At her first doctor's appointment.
Headed out to go pick up Grandma.
All bundled up for our evening walk.
Ben is like the baby whisperer - I could definitely not do this without him.
Her first night at home.
On her way home from the hospital.
Getting ready to go home from the hospital Monday afternoon. I thought I'd want to stay there longer but was much happier once I got home.

8 comments:

Jenny and Al said...

What cute pictures! I'm sure you guys are doing a great job. I know exactly what you mean about anxiety when it gets dark. I think that first week or so I would start bawling around 8:30 or so with just the thought of going through another sleepless night. But every week that passes gets even better, in my opinion! Congratulations to you both.

Emily Kate said...

What a cutie! (Also, I'm now terrified of getting used to a newborn...) I just read in a baby magazine today that taking your baby outside during the day when it's sunny can help them get their clocks set right. I know, it's winter in Chicago! But I'd never heard that before so thought I'd pass it along in case you hadn't heard it either.

Krissi said...

she is so yummy! and i love all her hair, and the bows! glad you are getting out, every outing is a victory in my book, even if it is to the grocery store or doctor!

Cami and Juan said...

I love that dark hair. Congratulations! How does it feel to not be pregnant? Get all the sleep you can while your mom's in town helping.

Becky said...

Mom and I looked at this together this am. What a peach! She is beautiful...and it was good to see mary with her. Enjoy your visit! Bring her to see us soon!

Love you!!!

Aunt Becky
Your Favorite.

shareka said...

She is so cute! Congrats!

Coleman Family said...

Oh MY Gosh!!! I want to eat her up! Can I have her? Please? :) She is such a dolly! Good to hear things are getting better, you're doing a great job Jame! It's going to get easier and easier to handle, you can do it!!! Love ya!

Brandon and Jenn said...

She is soooo adorable...I just want to cuddle her. I love all the bows and beanies-- very cute! Enjoy her littleness while it lasts (and get some sleep while your mom is still around).