Thursday, December 10, 2009

Week 2

I knew the first few weeks were going to be tough and quite the adjustment. I never knew HOW tough it is. Holy cow! The breast feeding alone takes the cake - ouch! Then there are the hormones.. I've never cried randomly at so many things in my life! BUT things do get better little by little every day. The past few nights she's been sleeping for 4 straight hours (cuddling with Ben) feeding and then sleeping for another 3 straight. Maybe that's not very good, but to me it seems great! She's definitely been gaining weight since our doctor's appointment last Friday, we have another one today. She FINALLY fits perfectly into her newborn sized outfits. Yay! Last week she was swimming in them. Here are a few more pictures of the little sweet pea.



She pulls this face anytime we get her attention and whip out the camera.
Our little elf (Ben's ears!). Oh, and there's our Christmas tree in the background!



She just had a bath so her hair is fluffy and sticking straight up - love it!

3 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

Love her big open eyes. I'm getting the feeling that you can't truly prepare for those first weeks. No matter how many sisters or friends I've seen go through it, it's going to send me through a spin anyway! Her fluffy hair is so precious in that picture.

Coleman Family said...

She just gets cuter and cuter! Love the mini video clip, I want to snuggle that little elf baby! (Claire did and still does have elf ears - love 'em!) Glad you're feeling better too...it'll keep getting even better...

Garth, Melissa and all the Crazies said...

It's Melissa, Ben's cousin in Buffalo. Charlotte is adorable! Love her festive PJs! I'm glad you blog often b/c it's the only way you'll remember the first 6 months. It flys by! And b/c I just had my 2nd only a few months before you I can promise that #2 is easier (except for the hormonal crying part, sorry). Congrats and good luck!