Thursday, October 21, 2010

the Evergreen State

Back in September I went to Seattle to be there for my sister's delivery of her fourth baby. I've never been around for her others because for the past 7 1/2 years I've always lived far away and have been working or in college. Now that I don't work, I got to fly back. Well, I visited and we waited and waited and waited... my return flight was at 10 am and she had her baby that night... awesome... at least I got to spend time with the fam, but once again I missed the birth of a niece... dang it...
We tried on many Halloween hats at Target... and then licked some carts.
We went to the Puyallup Fair which I used to LOVE going to and haven't been in years.

Above Hallie and below Emma having fun at the fair.

Grandma and Claire
They were selling kid's helmets and I had to try one on Charlotte. She looks thrilled doesn't she?
"Mom, get this off of me, people are starting to stare."
Trying her first cotton candy. She wasn't so sure at first.
I remember when I was little trying my first cotton candy ( I was five and not 9 months old like her ) I thought it felt like hair in my mouth and hated it.
Playing in a hot tub.
Pulling on the poor sheep's fleece. Always pulling...
Bundling up for the crisp Washington fall weather.
My other sister, Laura, is a high school counselor and volleyball coach. So my mom, Charlotte, and I watched a game. Her team did awesome and Charlotte loved dancing to a little Kanye West warm up music... no joke... her little bum was bouncing.
This was how I found Charlotte after a nap one day.

Teasing Sophie, my parent's dog.

2 comments:

Coleman Family said...

love the nap time pictures! she's got the most darling elfie face! we miss you!

Maureen said...

Sad I missed you, but LOVE the pics! And congrats to your sissy!