Monday, November 3, 2008

a chocolate chip cookie and a dang fine bottle of milk

I have a thing for dressing up as food products for Halloween. Years ago I was a box of mac and cheese and my roommate Kristen was a box of green jello. Then a year later she was jelly, I was peanut butter, her boyfriend (now husband) was a bag of wonder bread, and another friend was a buttering knife (we won for most creative that year). Then last year Ben and I were mustard and ketchup with a hot dog and hamburger hat.
These were our costumes last year (we won for most creative that year as well).

This year ( you can't see it very well ) the other fifth grade teacher and I were a bottle of milk and a chocolate chip cookie. 
Complete with nutritional facts on the back (accurate - straight off their website)!
Then that night we headed to a Chipotle restaurant for free burrito night (if you "dressed up" like a burrito) - they wrap all of their burritos in tin foil so as long as you have a little bit of that on then they're free! We did this last year - sweet tradition...
Our friends Eli and Krista ( I have no idea what they're doing ) - then we headed back to our place for an Alfred Hitchcock movie night.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

jamie, soo jealous you got to be in THE place for the big night and the great speech. I got chills (and I'll admit - a little teary eyed) just listening to it at home. Loved the Halloween costumes.....you are clearly as creative as ever!

Natalie said...

PS - I'm looking for the song you had on your LAST current jams by a guy or group with weird name........I think the artist started with and I. Any clue what I'm talking about??

Natalie said...

Ok, Shareka said it was Ingrid Michaelson....thus the I...and I think that's it. I can't wait for your new blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clemstock said...

Great costumes!!! Seriously amazing. And, free food for dressing up. I would so be there! We just found a mexican place out here that is good. It only took us 6 months.

Coleman Family said...

You guys are so cute with your large foil heads! Sounds like you had a lot of fun! The girls are counting the days until you both get here!!! Love ya!