Wednesday, August 13, 2008

unintentional high and an amazing concert

Last Saturday we went up to Wisconsin for a Dave Matthew's band concert that was AMAZING. The Black Crowes opened at 7 and played for about 45 min and then Dave Matthews got on at 8:15 and stopped at 11:45! Long and sweet concert but the two hour drive home (after trying to get out of the parking lot for almost two hours) was tough - especially since I drove and Ben slept. Another sucker at this concert was all of the doobage smoking. I've been to plenty of concerts where people have smoked marijuana but Ben and I were surrounded on all sides by them and they puffed all night. We got home and our clothes did not smell like smoke but marijuana smoke... yuck.
This is us before the concert - alert, happy, pre-lung cancer.

This is us after the concert had started for only about an hour - groggy, nauseous, and full of second-hand smoke induced lung cancer.



Crazy dancing lady that knew every word to the Black Crowes' songs and let it move her... literally.

My favorite song - Satellite.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

It's true...you were definitely the most fun, most talented, most capable, most wonderful and unquestionably the least humble of any newbie I have ever had......ever! :-) JAMIE....I hate to admit it because it will go straight to your head, but we DO miss you like crazy! It is great to hear from you (an now you are on my blog list)
Yes, I am married.....hard to believe. Not changing my name though....too old for that.
You are as hilarious as ever.....I love hearing from you!!

Natalie said...

Hey crazy girl! So good to hear that those Chicago schools haven't yet eaten you alive! I would tell you you are right about me missing you and about how you were the most fun and talented newbie I have ever had, BUT I know you would get a big head.......so no can do!
Yes, I go married. Wrestled him down and tortured him until he said yes. It has been a ball.......and in retrospect, I think everyone should wait until they are fifty and menopausal before they make this type of committment. :-).

You are now on my bloglist, so I hope to be hearing from you regularly!!!

PS - Come back!!!

Coleman Family said...

Personally, I think you look better in the "High" picture...;0)