Sunday, August 24, 2008

"And all I could say was, 'hello'..."

Medical school is tough. Being a wife of a medical student is pretty dog on tough too. Luckily I'm sharing this experience with a few ladies. When our husbands are studying non-stop (like this last week in preparation for tomorrow's huge neurology/pharmacology test- good luck, Ben!)  then we get together and have little adventures or just watch really girly movies.

This is Krista and I with Miss Illinois (Katie) - oh yeah! She was at the Taste of Greece in Greektown and I was dying to get a picture. She was very nice and I promised to root for her in January at the Miss America Pageant. Go Katie!
 

Many roasted pigs and legs of lamb in Greektown for their festival. "What?! You eat no meat?! That's okay, I make you lamb."


Andrea, me, Krista next to the symbol of Adler's Planetarium with the downtown in the background.

Chicago has some amazing museums (Art Institute Museum, Field Museum of Natural History, Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, Museum of Science and Industry) and even in the winter they'll have weeks where admission is free (since winters here are so harsh they try to get people out). This weekend we had a free pass (because otherwise it'd be really expensive).
 

Here we're on a free trolley (that runs to major tourist attractions) trying to fight the humidity (I really hate that about Chicago).


A few days before going to Greektown and the Planetarium, Krista and I went to Grant Park downtown where they play movies in the park for free in the summer. This night they were playing "An Affair to Remember...." looooooove this movie.

Below is a sideways video (sorry) of the beginning of the movie. Kind of random - I know - but the music is so cute.


3 comments:

Emily Kate said...

I'm jealous you have other med school widows to commiserate with you. So far I'm all by my lonesome. It hasn't gotten too bad yet but a couple of days I've had unhappy glimpses of my future.

Cami and Juan said...

Good for you hanging out with the girls! I'm so glad you had a celeb sighting in Miss Illinois.

Clemstock said...

I really hope that is you singing in the back ground there. Serious...amazing.