Wednesday, January 26, 2011

the party

Alright. I did it. And it's a long post. Real long.
We went with the ladybug theme and went a little overboard.
But it was fun.


Her little cake to the right was made by Ben =)
The boxes to the right with her handprints were chinese takeout boxes filled with crackle cookies and thank you cards.
I had two garlands on either side of this arch filled with b/w pics of her first year.
Spells out Lotte, her nickname.

We were blessed to have so many friends come. We had some tiny friends of hers, her babysitters from last year when I worked, family friends, and some coworkers.
here is miss Abigail who is very much into bees like Charlotte is with ladybugs
darling Maizy
'Vitale' and 'Kimmerly' from school
some more friends, Auntie Julie (left) used to babysit Charlotte when I went to work
the birthday girl in her birthday shirt I made her
Andy and Rydin digging into the cookie decorating
these pjs said "i'm not sheepy" - love!
Abigail and her daddy, Trent
of course she got ladybug-themed presents like her ball above and beanie below (made by Abigail's mommy, Iuliana)
and here we come to the cake eating... it was amazing
she did exactly what you'd imagine a one year old would do with a personal cake in front of her
we were quite proud
she picked at it for a moment
and then dug right in
two fisting it
"ohhhh... I'm so full..."
"that's okay... I'll just stick it down my diaper for later"
one happy kid
that is... until we took the remains of her cake away and grabbed her to take a bath
her skin was slightly pink for the rest of the day because of all of the red food dye

* I have a video of the cake eating in action, but I haven't put it onto my computer from her camera yet.

Happy Birthday again, Charlotte!









9 comments:

Coleman Family said...

What an awesome birthday party, wow! You had fun things for the kids to do, incredible decorations (that you can now make yourself once I mail your cricut ;) and yummy food it looks like! Wow again!

Emily Kate said...

Ahhh so cute! I love this because it looks like it really was a celebration of Charlotte and the things she loves. What a sweet little thing.

Kristen Sheranian said...

Hello!!!! You are so amazing! Is that any surprise though? You did such a great job! I loved everything! Your decorations were darling! The food, cake and everything was so cute! Way to go!

Cami and Juan said...

So so fun! I love the picture displays and the ladybug cake. And Charlotte looks so happy. Happy Birthday to her!

Krissi said...

wow, what an event! it's fun to go a little overboard right?

Todd-Hang Turner said...

i think the lady bug theme was super cute! (as well as her delving into her cake!) too cute! =)

Coleman Family said...

Ok, more pictures please!

Maureen said...

Wow, I am so mad we don't live closer together and that I had to miss out on this incredible party. You did an amazing job, Jamie!

Brock, Kim, Maddi, Brody, and Maisie said...

Okay...WAY too cute!! Love, love, love it :) makes me think I better get to planning for brody's!!