Tuesday, January 25, 2011

avoidance

I'm avoiding it.
I'm avoiding blogging about her birthday party because it will take me so long.
And I haven't even uploaded Christmas break pictures onto my computer yet.
I know. I'm lame.
(this feels strange blogging about something that happened two months ago)
For Thanksgiving, we spent the holidays with our upstair's neighbors who are like our family.
Ben made an amazing turkey that he was quite proud of.

It was also the last day I pumped.
That Medela pump and I were great friends.
I bought it thinking I'd only need it here and there and when I went back to work. Boy was I wrong. I still remember waking up two times a night to pump, every three hours. all.day.long.
Then I went to school and during my lunch break I would hide away in a closet of a room to do the deed. My coworkers would laugh as I put my little pumped milk in the faculty fridge.
I brought that "little" pump with me everywhere.
Then finally after a year of pumping. I retired it. I thought I'd be a little sad and miss its companionship. But I don't. Whole milk bought from a store? Awesome.

Charlotte loooved all of the holiday fixins.
I ventured out that evening to ToysRUs for a few toys that I just had to get.
I'll never do that again.
Charlotte's first encounter with Santa. Not too impressed.
She was much more interested in his reindeer (dark creature to the left).
Erika, Theron and the two of us at our little downtown's holiday festivities.


Below is a random video of Charlotte having her first ice cream. On her birthday. She was a fan.

4 comments:

Emily Kate said...

I'm doing the exact same thing- so behind on blogging! But I can't wait to see Charlotte's birthday party. Oh and even though I didn't work I had to live the life of a pumping mom too and boy is it hard work! 2 more months!

Annie and Jason said...

That ice cream looks delicious if I dont say so myself. Come on already, we want birthday pics! She is darling Jamie. Hope we can get our toddlers (bahhhh!) together to play sometime.

Cami and Juan said...

You are so so good. First of all for nursing the first year. Bravo! Seriously, I lasted 8 months. And then her first ice cream on her birthday, I already screwed that one up too. Ha ha. And good job to Ben with the turkey, it looks pretty good.

Kristen Sheranian said...

Wow So proud of you for making it a year for nursing! You are amazing! I am dying to see the birthday pics. So hopefully you have the courage to tackle that soon. Miss you!