Thursday, September 3, 2009

Boys vs. Girls

School has been back in session for the past week and a half. Although I miss shopping or going to the gym at 11 o'clock in the morning like during the summer, I was really excited to get back into things. Unfortunately, I'm a little less patient a lot more pregnant than last year - poor kids! Anywho, the other day I had a journal topic that I knew would generate some interesting responses. I thought I'd share snippets of my favorites.

Topic: Who has it easier in life, boys or girls? Why?

Girl Student 1: I mean let's just face it... boys always have a better life.

Girl Student 2: Boys just put on their clothes, shoes, brush their teeth, and go. They don't take a long time figuring out how to comb their hair.

Boy Student 1: Girls have it easier cause all they do is clean and cook. Boys have to work for 11 hours. Boys make the money and girls make the food.

Girl Student 3: Boys, because they sleep in until 10 and we wake up early.

Boy Student 2: Girls, because all they do is clean the dishes, sweep, mop, and make food. Boys have to work, wash the cars, mow the lawn, AND boys can do everything girls can do!

Girl Student 4: Boys, because girls fight and brag about each other.

Boy Student 3: The one time a girl's life is not easy is when they have a baby. But then the boys take care of them when the girls want to go somewhere and shop.

Boy Student 4: Boys, because when they go to a party they pick out an outfit and spray on some cologne. Girls have to be picky, try on outfits, put on make-up, do their hair...
Girl Student 4: The only time we get to relax is... never!

Boy Student 5: Girls are like zombies - they don't do anything.

I was rolling when I read these! The girl's entries usually sounded like "what a hard-knock life" and the boys just belittled the girls. These kids are definitely going to make my life interesting this year.

5 comments:

Dear Little Dude said...

ok, hillarious! So, are you going to quit work when the little miss comes, or go back to teach? just curious! Love you and miss you....

Cami and Juan said...

That is hilarious. Some of those thoughts had to be fed by their parents.

Brandon and Jenn said...

Hilarious! Kids say the funniest things. BTW, your address is still the same, right? I have a little something I want to send your way for the wee one.

Brock, Kim, Maddi, Brody, and Maisie said...

Awesome! I'm totally using that prompt in the next couple weeks.
Can't wait to hear more about your class. I'm ready and excited to go back, but not so much the going back pregnant (and tired, and grouchy part!)

Brock, Kim, Maddi, Brody, and Maisie said...

Awesome responses! I'm definitely going to be using that prompt in the next couple of weeks (we don't start until Wednesday). I can't wait to hear more about your class this year. I'm ready and excited to start the year, just not the going back pregnant part (being tired, grouchy...). I'm totally relating...we're just on different ends of the spectrum right now =)