Tuesday, September 22, 2009

our vacation... from three weeks ago...

A few weeks ago we went up to the Twin Cities in Minnesota because 1) Ben wanted to see a Twin's game in the AstroDome (big whoop), 2) they were having their State Fair, 3) I had never been to Minnesota. It was a quick/fun weekend we had with our friends Eli and Krista.

What is this thing exactly? Why do they have a giant spoon and a cherry in Minneapolis?

The lovely State Fair where we ate WAY too much!

This was the birthing center for the farm animals. I was feeling quite at home.

Some crazy woodmen.
Just one of the many food items we ate.
Minnesota was SO BEAUTIFUL - if only they didn't have such wicked winters.

3 comments:

Coleman Family said...

Oh my gosh! That fair looks like SOOO much fun! You should blow up that pic of the fair sign - super cute and retro! And the preggo tummy pic with the farm animals is hilarious! I remember going to the Puyallup Fair over the nursing years and feeling just like the mommy pig with all her nursing piglets fighting for a (dare I say it?) teet! I did! I wrote teet! :)lol!!!

Jamie and Ben said...

Great... now I have the word teet on my blog. Thanks, Carrie.

Clemstock said...

Jamie, you make a really cute pregnant girlie. I love Minnesota. It's been years since I was last there, but the land is amazing. Lakes, greenery, cool accents like "ya, sure, ya betcha".