Friday, July 31, 2009

a steal!

I'm willing to spend a little bit of money on certain baby items... like a nice rocker that I'm sure I'll find myself in quite often, a crib (okay, so my mom is buying me one), a car seat (okay, my mom is buying this for me too) - these are all things that I would like to be nice and new. But $280 on a dresser?!? Absolutely not. I looked everywhere and they were always in the 200's. I looked on Craiglist and they were usually faux wood or ghetto. Anyway, after breakfast with Ben the other day we stopped at an antique store and found this charmer. The owner was going to strip it and paint it but would give it to me for $30 (a steal!) if I did the work myself. 
before (with the drawers already yanked out to be sanded)
after

5 comments:

a.b.c said...

Jamie, I am so impressed. It's adorable!!

Blake and Laura said...

Very nice! I love the color. What a deal. That is too exciting.

Coleman Family said...

Soooooooooo so so very darling! Good job on the painting and awesome color!

Brandon and Jenn said...

So cute! I'm wishing you lived closer to me so that we could paint and repair furniture together.

Krissi said...

so cute jamie!!