Sunday, October 26, 2008

painting and an aching back

Since we'll be living in Chicago for a few more years I decided last spring that I wanted to make it as home-y as possible.. and I love to decorate. A few months ago I painted my dining room a Tuscan-orange that I blogged about before. Yesterday I finally (I've had the paint for 5 months) painted my family room a lovely cappuccino. I thought it'd take me a few short hours since I was only doing two walls... oh no... I'm a bit of a perfectionist with certain things and painting is one of them. Every line had to be straight and perfect. So six hours later... and now I LOVE it!

before
in the middle of painting
huge wall that took me hours to complete (and Ben watching The Jetsons on his computer)
and AFTER (I need a huge mirror to replace that multiple-picture frame on the right-not a fan)!
AFTER!
love the woodwork - the white bullseye woodwork is throughout the entire house (sorry picture is sideways)
COMPLETE!

6 comments:

Janine said...

You don't know me --- but, thanks for posting the pictures! We have an old house -- with high ceilings throughout and white painted trim. I've always loved the earthy colors, but, thought they would be too dark. I LOVE the color you picked and the pt'd woodwork lightens it up just enough. Great color.

Brandon and Jenn said...

J-Dawg, it looks great. Do you want to come paint my nursery? I'm not sure how excited I am about doing it myself.

Lesley said...

Fantastic! I have been wanting to paint our apartment since we moved in... and the color you used looks a lot like the one I want for our living room and bedroom. Perhaps this is the motivation I needed. Thanks!

The Windy City Duo said...

Looks great! I am really impressed... I wouldn't dare try something like that. Super talented.

Krissi said...

way to go Jamie! We still need to come over, your place is totally cute!

Coleman Family said...

Love love love the wall color! Isn't it amazing how much time it takes to paint? And I never learn my lesson, I still think every time I paint it won't take nearly as much time as it ends up taking!