Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Bit of an Obsession...

About a week and a half ago I was searching through BBC movies that I have never seen before and came across this one. OH MY GOSH! If you're a fan of Pride and Prejudice or period dramas in general you will love this movie. It's about a girl from the south of England whose father (a former pastor) moves the family up north to an industrial town for work. Here she meets the owner of a cotton mill whose all hardened and anguished.... ahhh... love it! I bought it and have watched it too many times this past week. You can go on YouTube and see clips and actually the entire thing if you're interested! (don't mistake it for the Civil War movie called North and South though)

7 comments:

Emily said...

Yes! I LOVE North and South!! Isn't Richard Armitage hot?? I love love love this movie. Love it. Seriously.

This is Emily, btw. Too lazy to log out of my business account!

The Windy City Duo said...

Love this movie! It is one of my favorites.

Natalie said...

Good tip, Jamie....we'll look it up.......How is your year going (when you are teaching and not watching movies :-) )

Coleman Family said...

Wow, he's even hot in that picture. LOVE LOVE LOVE the movie!!!

Brandon and Jenn said...

J-dawg, you wienee! You didn't tell me you had a blog. I had to find out through Natalie Call. Has it really been that long since we emailed or called? Time flies... Anyway, I'm 6 months preggers and it's a girl! YEAH! It looks like you're having fun in Chicago. Drop me a line sometime. -Jenn
bjlinford.blogspot.com

Clemstock said...

Hey really love your background!!! So festive. How you all doing?

Emily Kate said...

About the Duchess. First of all it's DEPRESSING. It does not have a happy ending. And it's fairly dirty. I have a pretty thick skin about that and I thought it was pretty bad, including some girl on girl action which was by far the worst part. Sorry!