Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hotel Hunting

In about 2 months, Ben and I will be celebrating our third anniversary. For each anniversary we've made a tradition to stay in a ridiculously nice hotel - gives us one night where we don't feel poor =).  A few Saturdays ago we went searching through Chicago for the nicest one. My favorites are the Palmer House Hilton  and the Drake. We had a fun time enjoying the cities architecture and a pizza place we've never experienced called Lou Malnatis. Totally beats Giordanos and Ginos East in my opinion.

Right at this intersection Ben found a store that sold bow ties straight from England... he was in heaven!


Chicago Board of Trade building.

Along the Chicago River.

1 comment:

Coleman Family said...

YAY! You updated the blog!!! I'm very proud of you my sleepy little sister. Every time you post pics you look skinnier and skinnier! Good job - :p
Mom would have been in heaven at the cheese store. Every time we go to Costco together she looks at that Irish cheese and sighs... Looks like you had a fabulously fun trip. I especially like the fanny by the fire pic!!! Love you!