Tuesday, November 26, 2013

true that

(helping separate pumpkin seeds to roast)

Ben has this morning off so he and the baby are sleeping in while Charlotte and I are painting our fingernails and building legos. I told Charlotte to make sure she stayed quiet to let Daddy sleep in because he works really hard and needs his rest. She then said (completely unprompted), 

"Well, you should like naps because you work really hard at home. You fix the dishes, you fix my drawer, you get tired of cleaning the floor, and you get tired of cleaning everything, and decorating the house, and fixing my tent, and making the bed, and fixing the sheets on my bed and yours, and then having fun with me, and playing ball all day with me, and get me apple juice so I feel all better." 

No truer words were ever spoken.

Thank you, Charlotte.

Now get out of bed, Ben. It's my turn for a nap.


(she loves her carrots)

4 comments:

*Abby* said...

Oh my gosh! I love that girl! I can even hear her little voice testifying!

Coleman Family said...

That is awe-some!!!!!!! She rocks!

Caitie said...

she just never stops getting more and more adorable. CAN'T wait to see you all!!! Less than a month!

Eli and Krista said...

AMEN! You should print and frame that quote. Maybe I'll print and frame it :) Then I could look at it every time I needed some encouragement!