Sunday, November 10, 2013

Three Months Young


Scrumptious baby.
I believe 'scrumptious' pretty much sums her up.
*She's calm, nice, smiley, laid back, cuddly but not clingy, and ridiculously adorable.
*Tummy time is getting better, but still a bit of a struggle for more than 5 minutes.
*She's very easy to get to smile and does to everyone who gives her eye contact or makes clicking sounds like the ones you'd do if you were trying to get a horse to move.
*Drools like a basset hound (I believe I see 2 bottom teeth already trying to make an appearance).
*She goes to bed by 9 in her crib and wakes up sometime between 3-4 to nurse then sleeps until about 7:30 or so.
*She takes 2 long naps and 1-2 short naps in the late afternoon.
*I remembered to take her 3 month pictures about 15 minutes before bedtime.
She wasn't too pleased.
*She only takes a binky if she's almost asleep and needs to calm down while in her swing or carseat.
Never for the heck of it, when she's hungry, while she's asleep, or when she's going down for the night. I feel like I've mentioned this before but am too lazy to check past posts...
*Likes to face outward when you're trying to calm her down (like today at church for a good 20 minutes).
*Is SO close to giggling. I'm dying to hear it.
                                      
*One night she was fussy and I wasn't connecting that to "Gosh, she seems tired. I should put her to bed."
So instead I laid her in front of the t.v. and she watched Dancing with the Stars for a solid hour and cried when it ended. I kid you not. 
Don't judge.

*Jane is growing way too fast. I measured her at a little over 25" the other day. So in 3 1/2 weeks she had grown 3/4".
*Still wears 3-6 month clothes but I bet by Christmas we'll be packing those up.
*Just found out that she loves being bounced while laying on the bed. If you put your hands on either side of her and bounce bounce bounce she's in heaven.
*When she's upset she whimpers like a sad kitten for a good 10 minutes before she starts to really cry.
*Has long curly eyelashes like her sister and daddy.
*Big BLUE (?!?!?) eyes that don't seem to be changing. I have no idea where blue came from...
*Usually wants to stand on your lap and does not like sitting back against you but straight up on her own.
*Started 'kissing' with her mouth wide open. Gross and adorable at the same time.
 We are pretty head over heels in love with this wee one.

*****

I sometimes find this in the morning if Ben is on call at the hospital.
Charlotte wakes up usually around 3 or 4 and uses the bathroom.
I love hearing her stumble there and dutifully put down the seat cover and wash her hands afterwards even though she's half asleep. 
If she peeks in and sees Ben gone, she'll often climb in for a few hours.

    
I set my alarm at 7:15 to pump and get ready for the day so these two are usually still asleep.
              
Her hand-eye coordination is getting better and better.
She loves swatting and is starting to grab at things.
Hence her love for the floor mat (for awhile at least).
                                               
                                
                                       
 Some mornings I have to wake her up to take Charlotte to school.
But first I watch her sleep for a minute.
This morning she had fallen asleep on her side and rolled over to her stomach squishing her yummy cheeks into the mattress.

Usually on Mondays I'll watch SNL skits from the previous Saturday.
She was enjoying them with me.

 Perfect indeed.











4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love all of her adorable facial expressions...she sounds like such a sweetie pie and obviously looks like a doll!

Coleman Family said...

I thought I already commented? I miss miss miss you guys! She is a honey for sure and looks like you! so cute! She makes the funniest faces too - miss those moon eyes!

jeff said...

Thanks for the updates Jamie

Maureen said...

Have I told you how much your blog kills me? I LOVE your posts, they give me the biggest smiles. I get so excited when I see a new one. Your writing, the pics, I love it all. Charlotte is a hoot (and such a sweetie) and I'm so happy we both have such precious, cuddly 2nd babies. Whenever I'm home completely melting over Max I often think of you and how you're at home doing the same thing with Jane! <3