Monday, March 19, 2012

oh... and I'm now 29... weird...

I don't know why 29 feels weird... last year of my 20's maybe...?

Ah well. Today I turned 29 whether I liked it or not.


Ben is really good at celebrations. He picks the best cards, buys the best presents, and makes the best cake or pie. That is, when he's not working. Which, of course, he is today.
His shift is from 7am-9pm. Which means he'll get home around 10:30 (if I'm lucky) after doing his patient's write ups, calling in prescriptions, blah blah blah.

But I have the cutest friends out here in Chicago. Five of us went out to a BBQ joint, got take out, went to the park for the kids to play while we ate, then one of those lovely friends brought a fruit cheesecake to share. They pulled out candles and sang even. So cute.

Then we came home and took a 2 hour nap, played outside (did I mention it's been in the 80's lately..?), and hopped on over to the library.

I got calls and texts from far away family and I get to extend my birthday into the entire week as my sisters and moms presents come in the mail and Ben finds a wee bit of time in his schedule to make me a berry pie and lavish me with gifts.

If only someone would come over and do my laundry and wash my dishes, then my day would be complete.

2 comments:

Hang Turner said...

happy belated birthday jamie!!! =)

Brandon and Jenn said...

Oh, happy birthday! I'm glad it was so much fun. Been thinking about you lately- March Madness and all. Hope you're kicking some serious bracket bootie!