Monday, November 29, 2010

one year old

One very short year ago this little lady joined us. I can't find the right words to express what she means to us and how she's changed our lives. She's the biggest blessing we could have hoped for. We are grateful for our Heavenly Father for entrusting her to be in our family and for Ben and I to be her parents. always.

Charlotte, we love you to the moon. and back.


Today, Charlotte and I played and played. I didn't try to get any cleaning or crafting done. I played and cuddled with her every second that I could. We went on a walk and to the park to swing. We shared a scoop of ice cream. We went and got her pictures taken. We read her Happy Birthday to You by Dr. Seuss. I think I sang "Happy Birthday" to her two dozen times. She smiled and loved the attention.
Gosh, I love this kid.
This Saturday is her big party with friends and presents.
Ladybug themed.
Of course.

8 comments:

AIldefonso said...

Happy birthday Charlotte!!!

:]

The Windy City Duo said...

Happy birthday little girl... we love you. And Theron throws you a kiss.

Coleman Family said...

Happy Happy Birthday sweet girl! We love you so so much! Love, Uncle Dave, Auntie Carrie, Emma, Claire, Hallie, and Adison! Counting down the days til we see you all!

Cami and Juan said...

I can't believe it. So fast! You guys are perfect parents for your sweet little girl.

Kristen Sheranian said...

Wow!!!! You guys made it. She is such a darling, sweet, girl! Wish we could be there to celebrate! I can't wait to see all the cute things you are going to do for her! Happy Birthday Charlotte!

Emily Kate said...

Happy birthday to Charlotte! This post makes me kind of sad because I swear you just had her and now she's a year old. And the same thing will happen with Addie. It goes too fast!

Maureen said...

ALMOST cried at work reading this post. :) Charlotte is such a lucky girl to have you and Ben for her mommy and daddy, but I know what a blessing she is to you, too. Happy 1st Birthday, Pretty Girl!

Brock, Kim, Maddi, Brody, and Maisie said...

I know it's so late, but Happy Birthday little Charlotte! It is so hard not to do all those things that you feel need to be done around the house, so good for you Mommy for spending the day purely enjoying those special moments with your baby. GOSH the time just flies so fast. I was just thinking today that my baby is about to turn 5 and I'm wondering where the heck the time has gone. Enjoy EVERY second. Can't wait to see you both so soon!