Tuesday, June 1, 2010

six months young (plus three days)

Today was Charlotte's six month check up. She of course had her lovely vaccinations as well =( I had Ben hold her down for that. I love that every time we go to the doctor, the nurses and doctors comment on how happy she is and what a sweet/calm temperament she has. I'd have to agree. She's a pretty dang happy baby. Minus getting shots... or having a shirt pulled over her head... or leaving her alone to play after you've been playing one one one together... or getting her nose suctioned...
Her stats at six months:
26 3/4" long (84th percentile)
16 lbs 7 oz (59th percentile)
16 3/4" head circumference (51st percentile)

Charlotte is pretty much an awesome baby all around... but of course I'm biased... She is always smiling and talking to herself or us. She plays with her voice and will shriek super loud, talk like a dinosaur (usually a velociraptor is her dinosaur of choice), or talk with her lips shut.
She has tried every kind of veggie and fruit and is a huge fan of them all except peas, mixed veggies, and peaches... don't quite understand the peaches thing but whatever. She hums a lovely yuuummmm as she eats. She also says babababa, dadadada, and gagagaga. No stinkin mamama yet...
She's starting to be ticklish. Loves to suck on your shoulder. Will go to anyone and smile, grab their lower lip, suck on their shoulder, drool on their shirt, and pant in excitement like a puppy... all in the name of love. The little stinker gets up on all fours and scoots backwards. The day she crawls will be a difficult one for me, as well as my dvd collection... She loves being read to and having her feet nibbled. She can hold onto things while standing and holds herself up with pretty sweet balance. She started sleeping 10 - 11 straight hours at night and then started teething this past week... argh... She loves to suck on pickles, icy toys, fingers, feet, paper, well pretty much anything. She likes playing rough and is a bit of a thrill seeker. She cried for me for the first time the other day. Ben was holding her and I walked away. She cried and pouted out that lower lip of hers until I got her and then she was happy as a clam. Ben was offended, I was thrilled. =) But then today after her shots I was holding her and she leaned towards Ben for comfort. He grabbed her, they snuggled and she quieted down. I was offended, and he was thrilled. So far we're one for one. And yes we are keeping tabs on this. =) HA!

She's my best {girl} friend.
I love her like Tom Cruise on Oprah.

7 comments:

Emily Kate said...

What a cutie!! It happens to me all the time that she'll be on her best behavior when Jacob gets home or at the doctor when I'm trying to explain how miserable she's been all the time, etc, etc. I'm pretty nobody believes me about all the times she screams! And she totally loses it about clothes going over her head or suctioning her nose too. Or when I put her down, basically! Our girls are two peas in a pod. :)

Brock, Kim, Maddi, Brody, and Maisie said...

I LOVE looking at all the pics you post of Charlotte...she is an absolute doll and you can tell she is a HAPPY baby with 2 very awesome, hands on parents =)

Coleman Family said...

I love that little bubbers. She still sucks on shoulders? Too funny! The girls and I are so excited you'll be here in a week!!!!! We'll have so much fun!

Brandon and Jenn said...

Super adorable! I love that you're keeping tabs on who she requests. When we're in the pool Ruby only wants Brandon to hold her, but at night she'll only let me rock her; so we're one for one as well!

Maureen said...

You take the BEST pictures of Charlotte, Jamie! She is too beautiful.

tomwrx said...

Keeping score, oh yeah, been there, still doing that! Sometimes, especially with Lily, I am just fine that the score is unevenly weighted towards Tom. She can give her "love" to him all she wants :)

Soooooo, good chatting the other day :)

Cami and Juan said...

Her big brown eyes are so beautiful. It will be crazy when she starts crawling, you'll really have to baby proof.