Friday, May 21, 2010

Utah

Ben's Grandpa in Utah passed away two weeks ago so he took Charlotte to the funeral and was able to stay for a few days to visit family. It was so weird to have her gone. I'm used to not seeing Ben (as unfortunate as that sounds), but not waking up to her babbling and sucking on her foot in the morning was awfully lonely. BUT they both had a great time with Ben's family. I told him to take a ton of pictures and video and he came back with like 15... men...
It all started with Ben missing his flight and having to fly to Las Vegas, sleep in that airport for a few hours, and then fly to Salt Lake City the next morning... apparently Charlotte was a little trooper.
If any of you are Little Chocolatier's fans then you recognize the store behind Ben. I had him go to get chocolate and meet the owners, but unfortunately they left a few hours before he got there. Luckily the chocolate was dang fine.

with her Grandad
He also happened to be in town for his cousin Alan's baby girl's birth.
Margaret is her name and she is adorable.
Thank you, Caitlin, for teaching Charlotte what a phone is and how to text.
with her Auntie Jenna

I love these girls.
Okay, so neither kid looks very happy, but whatever.
The siblings and niece... can't ya tell she's from this family or what?!
(sorry, Marci, but Ben didn't take one picture of you with your grandbaby!)
and just being stinkin cute on the airplane
but of course she missed her Mama... check out the video below... I think I've watched it several times every day since they got back =)

5 comments:

Coleman Family said...

That is THE cutest thing I have ever seen! Looking all around for you...little smart beebee!

Jenny and Al said...

I missed you, Jamie, though it was fun to see Ben and ADORABLE Charlott! I love how the two pictures he took of me capture me at my best: the day before I gave birth and all fat, and then the day after I gave birth (and all fat). :)

Brandon and Jenn said...

Oh, you're such a brave mama! It looks like little Lotte really missed you. I can only imagine how you felt.

The Windy City Duo said...

Too sweet for words...I love Charlotte's expressions!

Becky said...

I watch this over and over too - it brings tears to my eyes! I can't wait to see Charlotte again - and YOU too!!!