Monday, March 2, 2009

valentines and other shenanigans

A few weeks ago my oldest sister Carrie came out for a visit for the first time with my mom. We spent a very "romantic" Valentine's weekend together, hit up a bunch of museums, shops, restaurants, and my sister enjoyed some away time from her three little girls (all under the age of 5 might I add...).

Oh my mother will love me for this... on the "L" train - "freaking" out about the pee smell and homeless citizens that get all up in your face.
















































We had NO idea what it was supposed to be... man? woman? (sorry for the graphic content in this blog)
































For our Valentine's dinner we went to Greektown .... Mmmmm...



Every Valentines Ben gets some sort of themed display. I don't know where it came from but here it is. Last year was a Scooby Doo theme (his favorite cartoon) and this year was pirate. I couldn't find ANY pirate valentines so I had to gather as many things related to that as I could and added the little pink cards with saying like: "Aaaaargh ye gonna be mine?" "Yer me matey!" and "Ahoy me valentine!"
The display for my mom and sister.
Ben was a total rock star on Valentine's Day too. First of all he woke up at the crack of dawn to make all of us a huge breakfast and even delivered it to every girl while they were in bed. Then he bought each of us a huge bouquet of flowers. And the best thing that he did was take off a day of studying (which for a med student is impossible/unheard of/suicidal) and took us girls all around the city to stop at random antique and vintage shops for the day. I love this guy!

4 comments:

Emily Kate said...

WHAT! A day off from studying!?! I don't understand those words.... Jacob had a test the day after the V-day weekend so we ordered in a heart shaped pizza and he studied studied studied. The following Tuesday evening we went to a movie and called it good, haha! Someday our lives will be better right? :)

Natalie said...

I think I'm in love with Ben too!

Clemstock said...

BTW, your mom's face.....PRICELESS!! I have forgotten what that beautiful urine smell mixed with BO is like on the L. Ahhh, such memories I have of that.

Coleman Family said...

LOVED the visit!!!!!!! I won't annoy you with any more exclamation points but I had a bloody good time. I miss Chicago a ton! And didn't we luck out with the weather? ;) And I knew we'd look hot in that first picture - I honestly loved taking the "L" - it was a great adventure! Send me the pics!!!