Thursday, December 11, 2008

Harry for the Holidays

Last night we went downtown to see Harry Connick Jr. in concert at the Chicago Theater which we've never been too yet. He sounded exactly like his albums and was hilarious in between songs. 
Concert locale.
Macy's on State Street
Inside of the theater. 
Outside of the theater with our infamous head shot!
Soooo will not go see this but I was thrilled when I saw the ad. "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang we love you!"
This is Chicago's version of the tree at Rockefeller - but this is in Daley Plaza. The church behind is a Methodist Church - tallest church steeple in the world. (kinda looks like the Salt Lake Temple to me)
Yay! He was AMAZING!


We went to dinner at this German restaurant. It's been around since 1895 and served the first legal alcoholic drink in Chicago after the end of prohibition. Ben got wiener schnitzel (yuck) just to say he ordered it at an authentic German restaurant and for dessert we split some strudel of course!

Some video of the concert for all to enjoy!

8 comments:

Emily Kate said...

How fun!! I love Harry Connick Jr and he'd be great to see in concert at Christmastime.

When are you guys going to be in Utah? We should do lunch with Shareka!

Natalie said...

So cool, Jamie! How fun to be in a big city during the holidays!

Coleman Family said...

Wow is all I can say! WOW! What a beautiful place and who better to see singing Christmas music? Do you remember playing his CD over and over when we painted all those little houses of mom's? Good times! And I love that you and Ben are always on the same sides when you take those head shots!

Clemstock said...

I would love to watch Harry Jr in concert. I used to have such a crush on him...

Brandon and Jenn said...

I'm jealous-- I bet the concert was awesome! Downtown looks like a fun place to be during the holidays. Soak it up while you're living in the city.

Amanda said...

OH Benny and Jamie! It looks like you are having such a great time! I hope school (for both both of you...) is going great! Merry Christmas!

Amanda said...

You guys are having way too much fun to be in Medical school! It was great to be able to hang out with you last night. here is my email in case benny forgot it: astout83@gmail.com. Good luck getting back into the swing of things!

Jodie said...

Merry Christmas, Currans!

I'm just letting you know that I've decided to stop stalking you and let you know I come check your blog often. :) I love knowing what old friends are up to. I miss you, Benjamin! Looks like you're doing well.

Jodie (Cozza) Heiselt