Tuesday, October 22, 2013

the rest of August... or at least I think so...

*forgot to put her stats in her earlier post
- didn't take her in at 1 month since her doctor said it was pointless since I live with a doctor and she didn't need any shots yet. He just told Ben to keep an eye on her.
- at 2 months she was 12 1/2 lbs (70 - 75th percentile) and 24.3 inches long (off the charts)
-she's incredibly stable and strong so I can already hip her up high without supporting her back and neck and she holds herself up while we walk around

*I compared this to Charlotte and Jane was about a pound heavier and over 2 inches taller

*she better be a volleyball player - middle blocker - starting for Stanford in 2031

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jane's first real bath. 
Charlotte, of course, joined and showed her how it was done. 
She was definitely a fan.


This is why you can't swaddle her arms down.
They have to either be touching her face or in the air as if saying "TOUCHDOWN!"
See? "TOUCHDOWN"
-or-
"I am stroooong, I am invinciblllllle, I am WOMAN"
Hanging out at the park with friends.
She was trying to avoid the paparazzi.




First bike ride in the spaceship caddy.

Went to back to school night at Charlotte's school.
Adorable.
They have their own locker....?!? 
I didn't even have a locker in high school.


Labor Day weekend trip to Minnesota.
I love the cornfields of the midwest.
I'll miss it.

The great Mississippi River in the background (on the way home we followed the river south for a ways).
Eating at Matt's Bar in Minneapolis to try their famous "Juicy Lucy".
{yuck}

Stayed in a hotel on the slow ride back home.
I left these two in the hotel room to pack up and bring down our stuff while I nursed Jane in the car.
Apparently it was a heavy load.
Minnesota State Fair.
Our third time, Charlotte's second time, and Jane's first.
This kid is a thrill seeker.
She went on the scariest whip-around rides that she was technically too short for. 
So Ben taught her how to get on your tippy toes while they measured you.


Her first "ride" was the giant slide.
She loved it.
But immediately pointed to the adult-sized rides to try out.

I couldn't take a picture while the ride was moving because it went too fast.
This one went forward and backward while tilting on its side.
I could hear Charlotte's hysterical giggle the whole time.


Trying the mini cinnamon donuts.




Jane slept the entire time.
It was probably 95 degrees so she was in sauna heaven.

Driving home.
Love this kid.


                                            

Okay, back to Jane.
She likes to sleep facing out from you.
Charlotte liked cuddling against you up in your neck and shoulder.
Jane prefers sleeping on her back either in her crib or our bed for long naps, preferably alone.
Charlotte never slept alone for months.
I think Charlotte is happier than anyone else that I pump so that she can feed her once in awhile.
She did tell me, 
"Mom, I can't wait until my boozies have milk in them so I can nurse."
Yes, we call boobs boozies in this house.
Who wants to hear a 3 yr old say breasts, penis, or vagina? Ew.
So we say boozies, peeper, and veegee.
She'll learn the "proper" names soon enough.
I never thought I'd be the kind of mom to coordinate the girl's church outfits, but I do.
And I love it.
Jane, however, doesn't.
(see two pictures below)
Charlotte making fun of Jane already.


We got her pictures taken by my very talented friend, Abby, when she was around 2-3 wks.
If you need a fantastic photographer and live in the Chicago area let me know!
We used the one above as an announcement.
There are honestly dozens that I'm in love with, but we're using some for Christmas presents.
I'll post more later because they are definitely so delicious I could die.
These are two I put in her scrapbook.

Okay, soon I'll get September on here.

No comments: