Thursday, June 27, 2013

one last hurrah

We got home from Texas Sunday evening. Monday I did laundry, repacked, went to a doctor's appointment, and headed to the gym. Tuesday morning Charlotte and I hopped on a plane out to Washington for one last trip before my 'confinement' - AKA - too late in my pregnancy to travel. Boo.

My parents bought us tickets for a 2 week trip that was pretty awesome.
Charlotte's definitely at the age where she misses people and is understanding she can't see them after we fly back home. 

Example: as we drove away from NanaMoo's house in Texas Charlotte said, "She's going to miss me. A lot. Because she loves me. And because she's little like me. She'll probably cry. "  
(NanaMoo is a little on the short side...)

Okay, back to Washington.

Of course, I only pulled out my camera a handful of days.
 Charlotte and her cousin Adie are two peas in a pod. 
They were outside playing and snuck into my parent's shed. 
They came out covered in black stuff.
Oil.
 My mom popped her in the sink and scrubbed her down.
Adie (below) kept her company.
Naked of course.

 This girl is a pistol.
I can't wait to see what she's like as a teenager =)
 Her shirt says hello, not hell by the way...
 Charlotte's first braids.
I haven't cut her hair in months.
I just want to see what it looks like long(ish).
 Mariner's game.

 Her buddy Cole.

 Dancing
 during
 every
 song.

 Oh, and I finally took a picture of my bump.
(I have one from earlier somewhere on my phone...)
This is week 30 or 31...
 These kids ate many a popsicle.

 Going out for frozen yogurt.


 Jumped off the trampoline.
Didn't want to wait for anyone to help her down.
 This was a few days before we came home.
Took her in to see Ben and got an xray.
The radiologist said it was just sprained. No break.
A week and a half later (yesterday) Ben talked to a hand surgeon who said it was definitely broken.
But it was a clean break and had been healing well on its own so to just leave it alone.
It's not swollen anymore, just purple and black.

 The weather was awesome. 
It maybe rained 3 times and was 70 or 80 degrees the rest of the time.
 Which meant lots of running around in Grandma's backyard.


 Splash pad downtown Olympia.



 With cousin Alexander.
 Charlotte brought more of the bath goop and the girls played in the sludge the last day we were in Washington.

It was a great trip. We did lots of shopping and made most all of the new baby's decorations for her room (more like little corner cave in Charlotte's room).  My sister and mom got me some new things we needed for this next baby like another mattress, carseat canopy, sheets, and burp cloths.
There are a few more things we need to get before we're good to go.
Next week we'll start fixing up her corner.

And here I am at 33 weeks.

In other news:

I have 6 weeks left!!!
Ahhhhh! (in a good way)

There are three other friends of mine who are due within 3 weeks of each other. One if having her second like me (a girl), another is having her third boy, and the last is having twin boys (while already having 2 boys and a girl). It's been fun going through it again with so many people.

The humidity has been rough. I don't mind heat, just not moist heat. Yuck.

I'm starting to get super grumpy.
That's probably my worst pregnancy side-effect.
My patience is down to 0% by 3 in the afternoon.
Poor Charlotte.
This wouldn't be bad if I had a normal-scheduled husband who came home at 5:30 to take over.
No, I have a husband who comes home at 10 pm and leaves at 6 am.

I still go to the gym 5 times a week in the morning. 
2 of those mornings is a circuit training class that I'm still pushing myself to do.
Although, I skip the mile and a half warm-up and go for a brisk walk instead.
The class focuses A LOT on thighs, hips, and the bum which feels lovely.
I've gained about 15 lbs in this pregnancy, so I know kicking my booty at the gym is paying off a little.

I'm in need of a pedicure which I most definitely cannot do myself. 
Ben did them when I was pregnant with Charlotte the last few months but since he's not around I need to pay for some professional assistance. Pronto.

Speaking of Ben.
That man works his booty off.
His days are never shorter than 12 hours. 
In fact, if they are 12 hours we're thrilled around here.
He's the Chief Resident this coming year.
I should probably make that a separate post all by itself...
It officially starts July 1st, but he's been slowly taking over responsibilities for the past few months.
Lately he's been doing 'exciting' things like the resident's schedule, intern dinners, and graduation.
I know. Thrilling.

He is currently on cloud 9 that his Blackhawk's won the Stanley Cup.
Now it's back to watching baseball in his free time.
Last night he got home, ate dinner, sat on the couch, put the SF Giant's game on, and immediately fell asleep with the remote in his hand.
Thank heavens residency is coming to a close soon-ish.

*****

Wow, another whopper of a post.


1 comment:

Caitie said...

haha! "...because she's small like me. She'll probably cry." so funny. love that girl. Looks like a fun trip! 6 more weeks!!!! YAY!