Tuesday, March 19, 2013

being 30 ... and other tidbits

Today I turned 30. 
The big 3-0.
Like. I'm in my thirties now... so weird.


I started out my day at the gym.
The sun was finally shining, btw.
Then I went out to eat with some girlfriends while Ben (he's had a few days off recently) watched Charlotte, cleaned the house, went shopping, and decorated the house for me (with balloons, flowers, a banner).

 He wrote the above message in pencil and Charlotte traced it with paint all on her own.
 Thanks for the reminder of how old I'm getting, Ben. Pretty sure the neighbors know as well.
These balloons were a good 3 ft tall.
(assembling the cake)
 He makes his cakes from scratch. This one was a cinnamon chocolate cake with buttercream frosting.
Need I say more?
 I had 3 different friends offer to watch Charlotte while Ben and I went out to the movies in the afternoon.
I have the best friends here. It's going to be so tough to move next year.
We got home about an hour ago and are about to have our cake and open presents. 
Charlotte is helping Ben decorate it as I'm quickly blogging.

It honestly was a perfect day.

......

Over the weekend...
 Went to a local park to play soccer (with a ladybug ball) and played on the big toys.

 She had a great straight kick, but runs so daintily.
 Those rough soccer chicks would just demolish her.


 Then we headed to Crumbs and shared a cupcake and tea.
 We were walking back to our car and she wasn't next to me.
I turned around and saw her leaning casually against a building waiting for me to notice.

 Whoops! More park pictures.


.....
About every other night I find her in some odd position before I head to bed.

.....
St. Patrick's Day! She had a big party with our playgroup and at preschool.
Her Nana and Grandad sent her the tattoos and thuggish necklace below.


 Just playing the part...

......

A few weeks ago she and I flew out to Washington for a visit and my oldest sister was having her FIFTH child. Finally, a boy.

 Charlotte loves loves loves babies.

Alexander Wesley Coleman
 Below is just a few hours after he was born.



Love sleeping kids.
 We also went to a hockey game while we were out there.

 She loves watching sports.








And that was all of the pictures I took of our visit.
Pretty pathetic. I know


Okay, I'm going to go enjoy some cake.

7 comments:

Iuliana@Hip2Thrift said...

Happy Birthday! Always love reading your blog updates and seeing the cute Charlotte pictures, and this post is no exception.

The thing that I just can't NOT ask about is your chevron rug. Whaaa? Totally love it. Where'd you get it? Or did you make it?

Maureen said...

Happy Birthday! That birthday sign is the most amazing thing ever. I was hoping for a more thorough post, though...I'll keep waiting.

Brandon and Jenn said...

Happy happy birthday!!!! I've been meaning to call you and touch base. Glad to see that you and the fam have been doing fun things. That little bug of yours is too cute for words-- thugin' it and all!

Kara said...

Iuliana is a chevron addict. Don't enable her.

Happy Birthday! Being thirty isn't so bad. I've embraced being "mam"-ed all the time.

Cami and Juan said...

Happy Birthday! You are looking gorgeous, 30 suits you. And you pretty much had the perfect birthday!

Hang Turner said...

Happy (belated) birthday! I love the 30s! So glad to see that you guys are doing well! =)

Coleman Family said...

Loved every minute of the trip...but then I always do. Loves ya!