Thursday, August 16, 2012

day off


Apparently one of my friends "owed" me a day of babysitting. I don't even remember babysitting for her, but I took her up on the offer to watch Charlotte for the day. I would have loved to have planned a date with Ben, but he is so ridiculously busy I'd have to write myself in his schedule a month in advance. I would have loved to have gone out with a friend, but they all have children and this was a NO KIDS day. 

So I ventured out by myself and it was awesome.
I left her around 9:30 and went shopping. all. day. long.
I bought a few old windows from a 1930's recently renovated house for $8 each. Steal.
Then I headed out west toward the cornfields and found some amazing antique stores.
This made me miss my mom and sisters, because antique shopping is what we do best together.
Then I headed to the outlets for some more retail/cothing therapy.

By the time I got back to pick her up it was almost 4:30, and I have to say that I missed her. I wouldn't have wanted to bring her, but I was so happy to go pick the little peach up. I don't think I could handle working and dropping her off everyday. I'd go through some serious Charlotte withdrawals. 
She barely glanced at me as I walked in. Her face was painted like a butterfly, she had dried play-doh on her shirt, and she told me on the way home that "Kara loves me. Yep, she really loves me." (Kara was her sitter, my friend).

I think we both had a dang fine day.

(picture above courtesy of Kara taken at some point today)

3 comments:

Iuliana@Hip2Thrift said...

What an awesome day and I can't wait to see what you do with those old windows.

I assume you;'re talking about Kara Johnson?! She does have that effect on kids (and adults alike)

Kara said...

Let the blog stalking commence!

Coleman Family said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! No children and shopping?! Heavenly! And we miss you too when we're out. We always say, "Dang, Jamie would have loved this shop..." Love and miss you too, 2 more months!!!