Monday, June 25, 2012

'Jesus is at home'

Today while Charlotte and I were driving around we were listening to Brooks and Dunn 'Red Dirt Road'. Of course I only know the chorus which I was belting out with the windows rolled down.

Charlotte picked up on one part of the chorus - 'It's where I found Jesus.'

So she stopped my singing by saying:

"Mom! Mom! Jesus is at home. Let's just go home. We can find him there."

........

Tonight we were putting puzzles together and apparently I was either getting impatient and putting them together too quickly or hogging all of the pieces because Charlotte grabbed my hand as I was about to put one down and said:

"Whoa! Wait. You need to share. Whoa."

Then as I put her down to bed tonight and gave her a kiss she reminded me that I needed to be better at sharing...

Sheesh. Well excuuuse me.


6 comments:

Hang Turner said...

seriously - that is just so cute! i love the picture of her next to the angel too!! hope you guys had a great time in texas =)

Brock, Kim, Maddi, Brody, and Maisie said...

LOVE this picture of the two of you! looks like you're having some great times out your way. Let me know if you make it out this way again anytime soon...the kids and I would love to see you and your little Charlotte!

Cami and Juan said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE these stories. And then she had another talk with you, reminding you to share. I can't stop laughing.

Maureen said...

Ditto, love this picture of you two. <3

Coleman Family said...

Bossy little chick! Man I love her!!!

Brandon and Jenn said...

So adorable! BTW, love your bangs. I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how your family is doing. Maybe I should give you a call...