Friday, September 16, 2011

baking with mama

Every day Charlotte helps me with cooking and baking. She sits on top of the counter and pours, stirs, squishes, & throws food.
She looooves eggs for breakfast (once again) so every morning she sticks her thumb in the cracked egg to pull it open and then stirs the scrambled eggs into perfection.

This day I was feeling rather "fall-ish" (I won't tell you that I've had all of my fall and Halloween decor out... pumpkin spice candles and all... for almost two weeks... I couldn't help myself) and made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Up until then Charlotte was so afraid of the hand mixer until I let her hold it all by herself - then she was a champ.
I caught her on more than one occasion sticking that little finger into the batter. Just like her mom =)
Every 30 seconds she'd turn on the oven light and take a peek at their progress.
She'd say "ohhh hot hot baking".
Partaking of the baked goods.
(they were still hot, hence, the cringe =)



1 comment:

Coleman Family said...

And I thought I was insane with my earliness with holiday decor! Take some pics and show me! And that little punk is sorely missed around here...thank her for not calling me Caca anymore. ;)