Wednesday, April 20, 2011

easter, laura, goodwill... in that order

Last weekend our church had an early Easter activity of breakfast and an egg hunt. The weather was horrible so we had it inside. Charlotte was so darling to watch walk around and collect eggs. Often she'd hand hers off to someone else or put hers in their baskets.
{gotta love that crooked smile}
{her tiny friend Henry who she kept handing eggs off to}

The week before last my sister came into town. YAY! {thank you for coming, Laura!}
She has come at least twice every year we've been here. So I believe this last visit was her 8th or 9th time. Isn't that so nice?! It always makes life a little easier when family comes to visit.
We went to the zoo and downtown of course.
We also went and had an "adventure day". These "adventure days" started with my mom when we were little. We would pack up the car and just drive until we found a cute town to explore. Usually this town had to have amazing antique stores and cute restaurants for lunch. Now when I go home to visit we have a good handful of tiny towns we visit that we 'discovered' years ago.
Laura and I decided to explore some tiny midwest towns northwest of here and found some amazing shops, old Victorian homes, and lots of cornfields. =) It was so much fun.
Then we parked really far north along Lake Michigan and biked along the lakeshore a good 20 miles. I've always been meaning to do it, and it was awesome.
Her flight got in at 1:30 in the morning so Charlotte's 6:30 wake up call was great... She walked right over to sleeping Laura, climbed up with her blankie, and watched Curious George. Then she took Laura's bra and requested to put it on.
Below is a steal I got from Goodwill.
$25!
I'm going to paint/distress it and put some bead board in the back and maybe another shelf, but how sweet was that deal?! I'll take pictures when I'm done with it... which will have to wait until this summer since we're leaving this Friday.
The first video is from the zoo when my sister was in town. The other one was from this past Monday when I babysat Theron. I love these two together.

2 comments:

Coleman Family said...

Good times! And hello, freaky goose or duck or whatever that thing is! Love the hutch and that you carried on the adventure day tradition. Love you! :)

Cami and Juan said...

I love that crooked smile. That bike ride, 20 miles, good job! And it looked like it was beautiful.