Wednesday, April 1, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

A few weekends ago Ben and I went downtown for the St. Patrick's Day festivities which is huge here. Last year we went to see the Chicago River dyed neon green and then tried unsuccessfully to head over to the parade (hundreds of thousands of people in our way). So this year we went directly to the parade and skipped the river dye job. 

These two pictures are from last year.






This guy was at the head of the parade.
The lovely Mayor Daley second from left.

This was rather frightening as it loomed over your head.




9 comments:

Emily Kate said...

That's so fun! I wanted to go down to the parade so bad but Jacob had class.

Kristen Sheranian said...

You guys have way too much fun.

Coleman Family said...

That looks like WAY too much fun! My favorite though was the acrobat guys that jumped and rolled - good grief!

Dear Little Dude said...

Hi! Miss you...

tomwrx said...

You know, in the spirit of St. Patrick's day, I think Ben should have sported a green beard also....

So, here in PA, there isn't a large group of diversity, so all the holidays that I am used to celebrating do not happen and I miss being able to celebrate so many things. Boo Hoo.

Anonymous said...

hi mrs.curran this is ali and my mom told me that you posted on our blog. so yeah i miss you check out my blog it is

happetlifeofme.blogspot.com

hope to hear from you, also here is my email
alibaba372@gmail.com

Bye :) love ali

The Scheuffele Family said...

Hey! Got your message. Crazy where this life takes us after high school! Thanks for connecting with me.

Coleman Family said...

You need to update the blog woman!

Clemstock said...

Okay, okay, so I know you really like St. Pat's day, but there has got to be something else you would like to entertain us with :-)