Monday, February 9, 2009

ice festival in 50 degree weather... sweeet...

Chicago winters are brutal. Beyond brutal... they just hurt. I can't even go out to get the paper (two steps from my doorway) without bundling up like an eskimo or else I just honestly hurt coming back inside. Well the stinkin' groundhog saw his shadow and Chicago said NO WAY and for the past week our weather has been amazing. Saturday was in the fifties and tomorrow (Tuesday) will be in the sixties... what?!? Awesome.. that's all I have to say. Everything is thawing out - including my body. Anyways, we headed downtown for the Ice Fest and fortunately had fun before the "sweltering heat" melted it away. We had our portraits sculpted in ice and bumped into the mayor along the way - what a treat.
Wow! Doesn't it look exactly like us? Ben actually looks like the uni-bomber... creepy...
I got thirsty.


reflection from "the bean" in Millenium Park ( I know I'm an idiot..)
good ol' Mayor Richard M. Daley - the lovely (and corrupt) mayor of Chicago
This is the building and the stairs where Sandra Bullock ran down in the Lakehouse when she realized she had to save Keanu Reeves from dying. We stumbled across it on Saturday. Thrilling... I know...
I don't know if they were going for cheerleaders or young ambassadors...? But I still love it.

5 comments:

katherine said...

You just ran in to Mayor Daley? I don't know why but I think that's so funny. Ha. I am LOVING this weather!!!!

Cami and Juan said...

Juan just told me about a report that named Chicago as the worst weather. So I'm glad you're having some warm weather! As for Utah, it's been snowing since last night.

Emily Kate said...

When I saw your ice carving I thought to myself, "Wow, Ben looks like the Unibomber." Then I scrolled down to see you said the same thing! Love it. Don't love winter in the city! We're getting some warmer temps too but not quite as warm as you! Enjoy it!

Dear Little Dude said...

hi girl! So I guess we are even, right? You came here and no call :( and we were even in town!!! Anyways, love you both and miss you tons!
Jules

Clemstock said...

So, finally changed my music.....ever time I had gotten on recently I was like, why am I not changing that Xmas music....then finally did it. And, we just got back from my bros wedding so there should be newer pics of lllloooouhhhvvveee.